Share this page and help other parents.
Use our grocery shopping tips and get the best
results when using this free printable grocery shopping list template. And don't forget to grab your own free ebook Saving Money on Groceries.
- Post this basic grocery shopping list in a public zone
of your home, where everyone can easily find it.
- Encourage family members to write
grocery items on the printable grocery list regularly.
For example, if someone opens the last box of a product, he or she
the item down on the grocery list.
- You have more tools than ever to assist you in your mothering
profession. If you are a high-tech mom, use the
categories from this grocery shopping list template to make a text
file, then load onto your pda (personal data assistant).
- A grocery list template can easily be
customized for your own uses. Then save a copy to
and print out as needed.
- Mark brand names that you prefer
on your grocery shopping list template before you print it out.
- By the way, do you know what your average weekly grocery bill
- Trying to save money? Put your grocery shopping list on a budget, too, by simply using it regularly. Refuse to go to the grocery store without it!
- A groceries list that is simply jotted on a piece of paper is fine, but you will find yourself forgetting less items if you use a formatted shopping list.
- Using free printable grocery shopping lists means you can organize your trips through the store more efficiently, saving time.
- You can customize a grocery list template to include brands you buy frequently.
- The best printable grocery list is one you use - daily - to keep track of what you'll need for your next shopping trip.
(Scroll down for more helpful grocery shopping tips after the grocery shopping list
Print this grocery shopping list template or
Saving Money on Groceries
Family Chore Game.
(Requires a PDF file reader such
as Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- Print out enough copies of the
grocery shopping list template for several months or longer; keep in a
folder in your kitchen for handy use.
- Post copies of your printable shopping list in each
bathroom and laundry room as well as your kitchen.
Then just gather lists and go when it's time to
- Whenever you add an item to the basic grocery
list, mark size and quantity of
item as well. Then later on, when you're ready to shop, you won't need
to figure out how much of an item you need.
- It's a matter of preference whether you use a blank grocery list template or a prefilled food shopping list.
- If you shop at multiple stores to get
the best deals, customize a separate grocery shopping list template
for each store you use for maximum efficiency.
- Need to save money every month on
your grocery bill? See the frugal
shopper resource we have researched and recommend.
- If you have size and brand on your
grocery shopping list,
you can send your kids to get items from your list as you shop.
- Additionally, cut your shopping list apart;
give each child a basket and a portion of your grocery list and let
- Need a motivator? Everyone gets
$1.00 to spend at the grocery store.
There are hundreds of items in a grocery store less than $1.00. This
tip alone used to keep my kids very happy (and busy) at shopping time.
- On the other hand, if you shop more
efficiently alone, do so. Swap babysitting with a friend and each
of you can shop quickly and in peace.
- If a friend recommends a new product
to try, jot it down on your free printable grocery shopping list. That
will remind you to take a quick look when you're at the store.
- Do sometimes you come home without
getting everything on your shopping list? Circle or highlight the
items you didn't get and staple to the back of a new grocery shopping
- Remember, no matter how 'cute' a
shopping list is, that is not what gets your home organized! Read our
article, "How to Use Chore Charts
Effectively" to maximize your results using any list system.
- One grocery shopping list template not enough? Need lots and lots
of smart professional mothering ideas on organizing your
homelife and office? Here's
resource I use and love. Lots of creative ideas. How can you go
wrong with that (smile)?
- Get more grocery shopping tips on our free printable grocery list page.
Comments from visitors to our site:
"this is a good thing, thanks."
"What a terrific service to us busy
homemakers...I am retired and cook all 3 meals every day. This template
will certainly help my meal planning and cut down on my shopping
time...Thx sooo much."
"Our supermarket just recently revamped,
groceries were all organised but not as we knew it. So, I went
shopping with my list, and noted the aisle number for each item I had
on my list and I noted the aisle number for familiar things I usually
bought too on the back of my list. I also noted obscure products
and the aisle number just in case I needed them ie: firestarters, cd's.
towels, brushes and brooms, health products etc.
I also made a list of what was indicated on the isle number ie It
said Aisle 1: Potato chips and confectionary
Aisle 2: Cereals, soft drinks
Aisle 3: Tea Coffee Biscuits
I also use:
M = meat
F = Frozen
V = Vegetables and fruit
D = Dairy - butter and cheese etc.
I typed the list up in order adding my items I use on it
too. Now when I make out my shopping list, I do it per my typed
list in aisle numbers. All aisle 1 together, then aisle 2
It's so much faster to shop now. I don't have to go back and
forth each aisle. I save by just getting what I want. "
Auckland, New Zealand
Colleen Langenfeld is a mother with over 29 years of parenting experience and helps other busy moms around the globe at www.paintedgold.com.
Note from Colleen: Remember, I earn my living making excellent recommendations to you, Mom, so when you choose to click any of the links on this website and make a purchase, I may earn a commission.
Naturally, that means I care about what you think! If you try a product or service I recommend, I'd love to hear from you. How else can I keep my recommendations top notch for all my visitors?
And thank you, for stopping by.
We enjoy and value feedback from our website visitors!
We also like to put visitor comments on our website for the benefit of other visitors.
If you submit comments, we ask your permission to share your comments on our website (see permission checkbox below).
We only ask for your name and email address in case we need to contact you for clarification.
We will only use the first name and initial of your last name when saying where the comment or quote came from.
"This information was really useful!" - Jane S.